Who knows, maybe it's just the weather.
Anyways, I'd like to mention that this is actually written as a song. The tune, which I have bouncing around in my head at the moment, is reminiscent of the kind of writing Swedish folk singer The Tallest Man on Earth specializes in. Maybe he'll sing it for me one day.
---
“The Wait Is Over” (2011)
Simple enough.
The brown-eyed beauty and the boys running off.
Simple enough, simple enough.
I waited by the window,
Sitting on my hands; don’t make a scene.
Just you keep your thoughts away; don’t make a scene.
Mama’s gonna catch you,
With your hands all over her; don’t make a scene.
If you know what’s good for you, don’t make a scene.
I thought I found love,
But I only found disappointment.
Running to my room; don’t make a scene.
With my teeth against my lip; don’t make a scene.
Shuffling through poetry,
Misspelled and all the same.
It’s been the same damn thing,
And now it’s happening again.
But I was patient, I was cool,
It was simple enough,
To hold my tongue and cast my thoughts,
Into oblivion.
Set down my pen and rest my hands,
There’s nothing left to hide.
All I had, I’ve shared with you;
But, sure, I’ll sit outside...
Anyways, I'd like to mention that this is actually written as a song. The tune, which I have bouncing around in my head at the moment, is reminiscent of the kind of writing Swedish folk singer The Tallest Man on Earth specializes in. Maybe he'll sing it for me one day.
---
“The Wait Is Over” (2011)
Simple enough.
The brown-eyed beauty and the boys running off.
Simple enough, simple enough.
I waited by the window,
Sitting on my hands; don’t make a scene.
Just you keep your thoughts away; don’t make a scene.
Mama’s gonna catch you,
With your hands all over her; don’t make a scene.
If you know what’s good for you, don’t make a scene.
I thought I found love,
But I only found disappointment.
Running to my room; don’t make a scene.
With my teeth against my lip; don’t make a scene.
Shuffling through poetry,
Misspelled and all the same.
It’s been the same damn thing,
And now it’s happening again.
But I was patient, I was cool,
It was simple enough,
To hold my tongue and cast my thoughts,
Into oblivion.
Set down my pen and rest my hands,
There’s nothing left to hide.
All I had, I’ve shared with you;
But, sure, I’ll sit outside...
No comments:
Post a Comment