Saturday, July 9, 2011

I don't remember this one

"Hidden City" (2008)

You found me.
Wake the guards and let down the barricades of ridicule.
This where I run once the candles drown their flames in wax,
Once the torches hit the waves of the ocean like a great hopeless army.
I've been shaking like the uncomfortable plates of the displeased earth,
Stranded on the shores of fear, buried in the sand like some hidden city,
Locked away, unfit for service.
Lamenting on ambitions you shattered beneath your heel,
This is where I fell once you smashed the training wheels.
I stopped searching for the shadows when the shadows grew too long.
Now I hide where all can see, can watch me,
Watch me doubled under the tables searching for my soul.
When I get you corned, I'll watch you stutter,
Watch you trip over your words like I fumbled through the atmosphere
Free falling through the heavens you fabricated with the hand that feeds,
The hand that giveth, taketh, denied me all along,
Lifted me just to drop me into a well of drowning myths and false encouragement
To swim and swim until your arms give out, and
Climb back out just to know you've already made your worst decision.
I know you cannot keep me here.
I want to say goodbye, but
Put me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment